SEC Edgar database for proxy statements from 1994 onwards.
3. Under Filings & Forms, click the red link " Search for Company Filings" and select Company or fund name, ticker symbol.." option.
4. Enter the Company Name (or Ticker Symbol) for the company
Note: If more than 1 company is returned in the search, choose the correct company from the list provided
5. Filter the result by entering "DEF 14A" in the Filings Type box on top and search. This will return Definitive (Final) Proxy Statements.
6. To restrict your search to certain years, enter a date (in the form year/month/day) in the box labeled "Prior To" in the middle of the page.
7. Click the “Search” button to retrieve result.
8. A company typically has only one final proxy statement per calendar year. If there are more than one, however, the final proxy statement you want to look at is usually larger in size, later in date and contains information about the election of directors and annual meeting.
9. As always, be sure to briefly read through the proxy statement to ensure it is complete and appears to be the “final” statement.
LexisNexis Academic database for proxy statements from 1987 onwards.
1. From Library Database Page select the LexisNexis Academic database.
2. Enter your UDelNet ID and password if you are accessing the database from Off Campus location.
3. Select "Search by Content" (top right corner of the page)