In the search below, DELCAT Discovery will show results that have "second language acquisition" in the title and either "study" or "pedagogy will appear anywhere in the record for each item.
Once you have a list of search results, you can narrow the search results even further by using the facets on the left side of the screen. In this search, DELCAT will show only items that were published in the last 10 years. You can also select results that relate to specific topics, such as "language, linguistics, and literature," or "philology and/or linguistics."
Because most call numbers are assigned based on the subject of a book’s contents, browsing can be an effective way to identify additional materials related to a research topic. DELCAT Discovery allows you to browse our library shelves virtually.
1. Perform a search within DELCAT Discovery. Locate a relevant print book in the list of results, and click the title to view the detailed record.
2. Locate the section of the record labeled Browse the Shelf and click the arrow icon to expand the feature.
3. Locate the section of the record labeled Browse the Shelf and click the arrow icon to expand the feature. Use the left and right arrows to browse books that have adjacent call numbers.
When searching the Library’s catalog, University of Delaware students, faculty and staff can use the “Get This For Me!” button to have Library staff get the books they need, whether the books are here at the University of Delaware Library or owned by another library. Just click the “Get This For Me!” button, located on the right side of the screen, on most book titles you see in the catalog.
If the Library owns the book and it’s on the shelf, we’ll pull the item from the stacks and notify you when it’s available for pick up at the Morris Library Circulation and Reserve Desk. Requests for books owned by the University of Delaware Library will be processed Monday through Friday with a goal of having books ready for pick up in one business day.
If the Library doesn’t own the book or if the book isn’t available at the moment, we’ll request it for you from another library through Interlibrary Loan. Once the book is available for pick up at the Interlibrary Loan Office, we’ll notify you. Typical turnaround time for obtaining a book through Interlibrary Loan is 7-10 days.
University of Delaware students, faculty and staff should use the Library Annex Request Form below to request journals that are stored at the Library Annex.
1. Search for books on your topic in DELCAT Discovery. Click the title of the book that you are interested in reading.
2. Just below the call number for the book, click the "Get This for Me" button. If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to log in with your UD ID and Password before going to the request screen where you will simply need to click the "submit" button.